.

.

Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Paperwork and even more paperwork!

Yesterday we took Tanya and Joel's nanny, Ana, to retrieve her passport from her previous employers. I was giving Nikau a cuddle in the car when Tanya and Nikau returned and Ana hopped in the back of the car, took Nikau off me, gave him a cuddle and looked all ready for us to set off. I had to ask her to give Nikau back to me to put him in the car seat. Apparently it is not unusual here for nannies to hold babies in cars! 

When we got back to Tanya and Joel's friends (Bex and Fouhy) house, where Ana is staying at the moment, we enjoyed a nice coffee. Unfortunately for me it made me want to go to the loo, and when I tried to leave the loo the lock came off in my hand! I was mortified, having to be rescued from the loo at Tanya's friend's house. I felt only slightly better when Bex said the same thing had happened to her mum when she stayed with them.

It "cooled down" enough for Geoff and I to go for a walk around the Al Reef loop last night. As I write tonight I am sitting out on the balcony, albeit enjoying the cool draught coming from the AC.

Today was another day on the paperwork trail. Tanya was getting more stuff organised for Ana and Geoff and I spent a total of more than three hours sitting in the car with Nikau. Fortunately the paper work trail is nearly complete.....honestly a combination of crazy beauracy and Ramadan makes for an interesting Abu Dhabi experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment