.

.

Monday, 7 July 2014

Grandad is here....and so is the passport!

Joel and I left Al Reef at 4.30 yesterday morning to go up to Dubai to pick up Geoff. We called into a petrol station along the way where I bought a cup of coffee and started to take a sip of it. The little Indian man behind the counter said " oh no no madam..you cannot drink here". Despite the fact it was 4.45am and the sun had not risen, apparently Ramadan had started for the day. Just as well I was told off because there was a policeman outside the shop who Joel tells me would not have hesitated to fine me! We had heard a call to prayer as we left at 4.30 so I assume that heralded the start of Ramadan for the day.

When we got to Dubai airport neither Joel nor I could remember what terminal Geoff was arriving at, so we went to terminal 1, which was unfortunately not the right one. Ten dirhams ($3) later we made our way out of terminal 1 car park and over to terminal 3, where Geoff was waiting for us. After we left the airport Geoff and Joel were so deep in conversation about building stuff that Joel took a wrong turn and we had a bit if a tiki tour to get out of Dubai!

After Geoff had freshened up we went to the New Zealand Embassy to pick up Nikau's passport. We only sent the paperwork off to London on Wednesday, and we were able to pick it up in Abu Dhabi on Sunday. So impressed with the speedy processing time of both Nikau's citizenship by descent and his passport! After picking up the passport we were able to find a cafe, with blinds down, where we were able to eat a delicious lunch.

Later on in the evening Joel, Geoff and I left Nikau and Tanya napping and went down to the pool for a dip.

Today we have stayed in the apartment where both grandad and nana have enjoyed Nikau cuddle time.


No comments:

Post a Comment