.

.

Sunday, 3 August 2014

The USA Adventure

I must apologise for the big gap between blogs, we have been very busy.

We had a long plane ride of 13 hours from Abu Dhabi to Boston. Nikau was amazing, he didn't cry at all, I think he's going to love travel just like his mummy and daddy (and his nana and grandad), Ali's mum picked us up at the airport and took us out to North Falmouth on Cape Cod where they live. It's a very beautiful area of America. It was lovely to be able to take Nikau outside for a walk in his buggy, (something you just can't do in Abu Dhabi because it's so hot)

We spent two nights at Ali's house then on Thursday we convoyed up to Vermont. We hired a very large 8 seater car which Tanya drove for us. On Friday we spent a bit of time visiting Dartmouth College where Ali and Craig met.

Saturday dawned a bit overcast and misty, but as the day wore on the clouds cleared and the sun came out. The wedding was perfect! Ali looked absolutely stunning and Craig made a very handsome groom. Fortunately I took a supply of tissues in my bag, because as I predicted, seeing Craig and Ali look so beautiful and happy together brought a rather large amount of tears to my eyes. The setting where they got married, in the grounds of the Quechee Inn, was picture perfect.

The reception was equally amazing and got me, very emotional. Ali had told me that Craig and I would have to dance together and she would dance with her dad. Needless to say Craig told me nothing! Ali and Craig had chosen a special song for their respective dances. I didn't realise that each couple would be doing a solo performance. Ali and her dad took the floor first. Ali chose a beautiful song about a dad watching his little girl grow up. Then it was our turn, and the DJ said someone better get a towel for Craig's mums tears, cos she's going to need it! He wasn't wrong!! Craig had chosen for our dance Elvis Presley's The Wonder of You, which was the song that Geoff and I chose for our first dance at our wedding 34 years ago! I was in floods of happy tears.

The party went on well into the night. One of the highlites of the night was Bex's boyfriend, Jesse's Michael Jackson dance. He was so good that some people asked if they had hired a professional dancer.

All good things must come to an end and we bid a tearful farewell to the new Mr and Mrs Henderson at the train station this morning.

At the moment we are on the train heading for New York City, a journey of about 7 hours.  Tomorrow we plan to go up the Empire State Building and out to the Statue of Liberty.



No comments:

Post a Comment