.

.

Friday, 20 June 2014

It's been a pretty amazing last few days. I arrived in the UAE at 4.30am on the 15th June and by 
12.22 am on the 18th of June I was a grandmother! Nikau is just gorgeous and I'm enjoying every bit if nana hood. Tanya is still in hospital and I have been staying with her and Nikau at night because all men have to leave the ward at 10pm and are allowed back at 6am. Joel and I booked a hotel room directly opposite the hospital, about one minutes walk away. Joel has gone there at 10pm and we have tag teamed at 6am and I have then used the room to catch up on sleep and freshen up. I have been pretty lucky because Tanya is in a double room by herself and I have been able to use the other bed. Nikau prefers to sleep during the day and be up at night so the night shift has been pretty busy for Tanya and me. 

Nikau had his first bath today. I was over at the hotel, still in bed, when Joel messaged me to say the nurses were going to bath him. I threw on some clothes and ran  (in 35 degree heat) to the hospital, arriving less than five minutes after receiving Joel's message! ( that chug a lugs training came in very useful!)

We are hoping that we will be able to go home tomorrow, which will be very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment